I recently picked up a few items from Colourpop Cosmetics. This was my first time trying anything, and I was so excited to try a couple of different products from their site. I picked up a few different lip products, and a marvelous eyeshadow palette. I wanted to show you what I got today so you could see if Colourpop Cosmetics was right for you!
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
Colourpop Cosmetics is a 100% cruelty-free brand based out of Los Angeles, California. They were founded in 2014 by Seed Beauty (which is a cosmetics brand incubator in California.)
They believe that they price their products in a way that is great for experimentation because the beauty industry changes constantly and they want you to keep up with the trends.
My Review Of The Colourpop Products I Purchased
Keep in mind; I didn’t get a ton of products for my first impressions. I got an eye palette and a few different lip products. There are so many products that I want to try, and I just haven’t yet. I will be sharing more posts on Colourpop Cosmetics in the future!
This palette is a dream, y’all.
All the colors are so pigmented and beautiful.
It’s a bit daunting, but I know that’s only because I am still learning the ins and outs of the palette. If you are already amazing at utilizing pigmented colors, you will adore this palette.
Everything in this palette is extra, but I love it. It’s a great mixture of shimmer and basic colors.
One thing that I don’t love as much is that there is a bit of fall out on the palette. The colors seem to stick to the top of the palette or around the colors in the palette sometimes. It’s not a ton of lost color; it’s just a bit annoying sometimes because it gets on my hands unnecessarily.
I do love this palette though, and I know that I will be playing around with it a lot over the next few months. I love the mix of nudes and bold colors in this palette, and it’s gonna become a go-to.
Lux Lipstick ($7)
Okay. I wanted to love these. I don’t hate them, but I don’t love them. They are so-so for me to be honest.
I did this photo shoot plus another with one of these on in the shade Hello Stranger. The color was gorgeous and beautiful.
It got everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. Before I even left my house, I got my mom to fix my hair, and she accidentally swiped my lips and got hella lipstick on her hands. Then during the shoot, it got everywhere, on my teeth, on my cheek, and (get this) on my FOREHEAD.
I can’t make this up, y’all.
The formula is very wet, and I feel like it never gets that genuinely matte finish. This lipstick is touted as a “creamy matte” lipstick, and I get creamy, but not so much the matte.
Ultra Glossy Lip ($6)
This is a beautiful shade to pop on top of your lipstick or just wear by itself.
I got the color Stain from the Karrueche X Colourpop collection. It’s going to be retired soon, so if you want it, grab it (it’s even on sale for $4.80)!
I am interested in trying more of their ultra glossy lip products. They have a beautiful finish that’s not too sticky or icky. If you are looking for a simple, fabulous lip gloss, this is an excellent choice for you!
Here is a little putting on gloss action and what my Hello Stranger Lux Lipstick looks like with Stain layered on top.
Ultra Satin Lip ($6.50)
I didn’t get pictures of me trying out this exact product, but I do love it too.
Let’s start with the negative, I drank out of my favorite new cup (that you will see in a post on Wednesday) and now the straw is covered in purple lipstick which is a bit of a downer.
But overall, I still had a ton of lipstick on my lips. As long as I don’t look like I have no lipstick on after drinking with liquid lipstick on, I don’t mind that much.
Also, unlike the Lux Lipstick, I feel like this stayed in its place a lot more. I will have to test out the products a bit more, wear it for a blog shoot or two, then I will update y’all with more information!
The color I have in this one is Darling from the Karrueche X Colourpop collection. It’s on sale for $5.20 because it’s being discontinued too if you want to jump on the deal! It’s a perfect purple color.
What I Like & Don’t Like About Colourpop So Far
Here are some things I like about Colourpop Cosmetics:
- Price: I feel like I am getting a great bang for my buck with Colourpop products. Everything is cost-effective.
- Cruelty-Free: I love that the brand doesn’t test on fur babies! My usual brand of makeup also doesn’t test on animals, so it was nice to find another brand who doesn’t test on them either.
- Pigmentation: Everything is so freaking pigmented! I feel like everything I have tried was rich and beautiful in color which I love.
- Swatch Model Diversity: For most (if not all) products on the site, Colourpop Cosmetics swatches all the colors. They swatch on a variety of skin tones which I love because it helps me envision what the product will look like on my skin!
Here are some things I don’t like:
- Moving Product: It seems that the Lux Lipstick and the Pressed Powder Shadow can sometimes move around a bit, which is a tad unsettling.
That’s it, but I also feel like that’s a pretty big deal. No one wants to have to deal with lipstick winding up on their forehead in the middle of the day.
I call this next set of images: Peak Sassiness.
What I’m Trying Next
Here are a few products on my Colourpop wishlist:
- Super Shock Eye Shadows: I am so obsessed with these! I have seen people test them out and they look beautiful. I need all sorts of shimmers in this product.
- Lippie Stix: I am a fan of any lip product, and these seem like such a unique product to try. I will be adding them to my next round of goodies.
- Colourpop Brushes: They have SO many different brushes on the Colourpop website. I want to try a few of their brushes to see if I like them over my current set.
- Super Shock Highlighter: Another Super Shock product I want to try is their highlighter. I love my current highlighter in theory, but I don’t feel like I am getting the best effect from it because it’s baked. I want to see if I will like their highlighter more.
I’m going to be busy trying out all these products, but I want to delve deeper into the Colourpop website!
I call these next couple shots: Peak I Don’t Know What To Do With My Hands.
Colourpop Cosmetics seems like a great site so far! I am impressed with the products I have received and their quality. I am a little distressed by how much they move, but overall, I feel great about the products I have tried thus far.
What are your favorite Colourpop Cosmetics products?
PS: Do you want to get $5 off your first Colourpop order of $15+? Check out Colourpop (referral link) today and when you place your order of $15+, you will get $5 off and I will get $5 too!
Latest posts by Amanda Cross
- 5 Things I Did To Charge Higher Rates As A Freelancer - June 25, 2019
- What I’ve Been Cooking Lately (Volume One) - June 21, 2019
- 10 Affiliate Programs For College Bloggers - June 18, 2019