Now Listening: 1960-1989 Favorites & A Winter OOTD
Welcome back to another edition of Music Monday. Today I am sharing some of my all-time favorite oldies hits. For this, I am mainly talking about songs that were released anywhere from 1960 to 1989. Some are more oldies than others, obviously. All of these songs were released at least a few years before I was born, though.
Check out my past Music Monday playlist like this where I shared some of my favorite alternative rock hits of the 90s to today!
- Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees
- You're The One That I Want by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John
- Everyday People by Sly & The Family Stones
- Three Times A Lady by Commodores
- Hot Stuff by Donna Summer
- I'm So Excited by The Pointer Sisters
- Out On A Limb by Teena Marie
- I'm Every Woman by Chaka Khan
- You're All I Need To Get By by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- Love and Happiness by Al Green
- Superstition by Stevie Wonder
- I'm Gonna Make You Love Me by Diana Ross and The Supremes
- Ball Of Confusion by The Temptations
- The Tracks Of My Tears by Smokey Robinson
- Easy by Commodores
- I'm Coming Out by Diana Ross
- Boogie Wonderland by Earth, Wind, and Fire
- (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding
- Son Of A Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield
- Who's Lovin' You by The Jackson 5
- Living For The City by Stevie Wonder
- (You Make Me Feel) Like A Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin
- Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers
- Reach Out, I'll Be There by Four Tops
- A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke
- At Last by Etta James
- Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles
- (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones
- Wanna Be Startin' Something by Michael Jackson
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston
- Get Down On It by Kool & The Gang
- Maneater by Hall & Oates
- Rich Girl by Hall & Oates
- Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross
- Got To Be Real by Cheryl Lynn
- Hey Jude by The Beatles
- Let's Stay Together by Al Green
- Best Of My Love by The Emotions
- How Deep Is Your Love by Bee Gees
- Proud Mary by Tina Turner
- Midnight Train To Georgia by Gladys Knight & The Pips
- You've Really Got A Hold On Me by The Miracles
- Dancing In The Street by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
- 867-5309/Jenny by Tommy Tutone
- Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
- Do You Really Want To Hurt Me by Culture Club
- Africa by Toto
- The Final Countdown by Europe
- Somebody's Watching Me by Rockwell
- My Sharona by The Knack
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!
Here are a few details about the makeup that I am wearing in this photoshoot.
Most of the makeup is from ELF Cosmetics such as my: Primer (I use the mineral primer), Foundation (I use Coco), and Lash/Brow Mascara. My eyeshadow is from ELF Cosmetics too, but I can't find it on the site.
The lipstick is from L'Oreal it is the color 707 Matte-Jestic. You can find this on Amazon below. This lipstick is PERFECT, especially if you are a fan of purple lipstick like me. Don't be afraid to wear purple, y'all! It just may be your color!
- Down Under by Men At Work
- Mad World by Tears For Fears
- O-o-h Child by The Five Stairsteps
- Love Train by The O'Jays
- Piano Man by Billy Joel
- Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas
- Lovely Day by Bill Withers
- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
- House Of The Risin' Sun by Bob Dylan
- Take On Me by A-ha
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) by Eurythmics
- Every Breath You Take by The Police
- Tainted Love by Softcell
- Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
- Whip It by DEVO
- Rock You Like A Hurricane by Scorpions
- I Ran by A Flock Of Seagulls
- You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) by Dead Or Alive
- Back In Black by AC/DC
- Walk This Way by Run-DMC & Aerosmith
- Shout by The Isley Brothers
- All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix
- I'm A Believer by The Monkees
- Ring Of Fire by Johnny Cash
- The Love I Lost by Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
I found this adorable shirt when I was browsing my local Stage. My family and I go there every couple weeks, and when I saw this shirt, I knew I needed it in my life. It's so quirky and weird because of the mixed media feel. I never thought that I would like these two styles together, but it weirdly works. You can find the shirt by clicking here for the regular size (S-XL) or here for the plus-size in this shirt (1X-3X.) Both are the same price, so no worries that you might pay more for one over the other.
My jeans are from Old Navy *obvs* but it's just a pair of their Rockstar Jeans. I am not sure of the exact pair, but I love all of Old Navy's pants!
- Lovin' You by Minnie Riperton
- It's Gonna Take A Miracle by Deniece Williams
- Celebration by Kool & The Gang
- Nightshift by Commodores
- Computer Love by Zapp
- Happy Feelings by Maze featuring Frankie Beverly
- 99 Luftballoons by Nena
- Purple Rain by Prince
- Respect by Aretha Franklin
- Papa Was A Rollin' Stone by The Temptations
- You Really Got Me by The Kinks
- Sunshine Of Your Love by Cream
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- I Want You Back by The Jackson 5
- Tired Of Being Alone by Al Green
- You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes
- Try A Little Tenderness by Otis Redding
- Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder
- 1999 by Prince
- Give It To Me Baby by Rick James
- Word Up by Cameo
- Get Up Offa That Thing by James Brown
- Move On Up by Curtis Mayfield
- Barracuda by Heart
- There Is A Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths
- Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division
- Epic by Faith No More
- Lovesong by The Cure
- Heart Of Glass by Blondie
- Manic Monday by The Bangles
Here Is The Playlist
Here is an embedded version of the Spotify playlist so you can jam out to this playlist right now!
Here is the link in case you would rather use that.
Here Are Some Bloopers
This year I stated that one of the things I wanted to leave behind in 2017 was not sharing pictures due to the smallest imperfections. To get myself used to sharing the crazy pics I snap with my dad, I am going to share a few bloopers from this shoot with y'all. I hope you get a few laughs from these pictures.
I hope that y'all liked this trip down memory lane with a 100+ songs that came out before most of us were born. What are your favorite hits from 1960-1989? I couldn't add all the tracks (obviously) but I hope that I gave a pretty great playlist option for people who love these decades of music.
Just added your playlist to my Spotify and followed you! Great playlist!
Thank you so much for the Spotify follow, Jennifer! I want to create more playlists soon so thank you for that! I hope you get some serious play from this playlist because I know I have.
So many good songs here! I loved the music during this time.
Yes! So many hits during this era. Glad you loved the playlist!
Such a great playlist — thanks for sharing!
Amanda CrossKayla Smith
Glad you liked the playlist! Thanks for the comment!
Aah, I love these songs! I’m updating my Spotify as we speak 🙂 I love your lipstick too, it’s a great shade for winter
I hope you found some great tracks! I love purple any time of year, but it works really well for winter! I randomly picked this up at Walmart while I was supposed to be shopping for Christmas and I am so excited I "happened" across the lipstick aisle that day because this shade is perfect.
You look great girl! I love the idea of mixing music and fashion – so creative!
That just put a smile on my face 🙂
Thank you so much, Theresa! This is my second time doing a playlist like this, and it’s my favorite series on the blog! I can’t wait to create another one soon.
What an awesome playlist, my mom would be thrilled. I may play some of these for her on our next road trip.
Amanda CrossMama Munchkin
Yes, this playlist is perfect for road trips! It has over 7 hours of songs!
This is a great playlist! The classics!
Glad you liked the playlist!
I have some of these songs on my playlist as well. Big fan of the 80s, even though I was only born in 1989 🙂
The 1980s definitely had some jams! My sister was also born in 1989!
What a playlist! Love it, my favourite here is I’m Every Woman by Chaka Khan, I just love this song. You look so good, love your make up 🙂
Thank you so much for your comments! I’m Every Woman just makes you feel so powerful, doesn’t it?!
Tia | Filtercrave
I love your playlist and your pictures are adorable!
Amanda CrossTia | Filtercrave
Thank you so much for your comments, Tia! I hope you found some new music!
Thanks for sharing such a huge playlist! 🙂 I know only few of those songs cause I’m a 90’s kid but I really love "Hit the road, Jack". That’s my jam. 🙂
Amanda CrossPorcelain Doll
I am a total 90s kid myself (I was born in 1993, and most of my faves come from the 1990s-2000s) but my parents listened to a ton of these songs that I have grown to love over the years. Hit The Rock Jack is definitely one of my faves!
I love that you posted all the lists of music, I like finding new music thank you!
I hope that you found a few new tracks to listen to, Alexa! Thank you so much for commenting!
Incredible song choices. I love the Emotions and the Commodores. Zoom is my fave song from them. And Don’t ask my neighbors by the Emotions. UGH such great music.
I couldn’t believe how many Commodores songs I loved until I went through and made this playlist. I will have to go back and listen to your favorites!