You guys I did it.
I finally hit purchase on the Leith dress after hearing about how it was perfect for all body types, on size small/medium bloggers.
Now, this is no shade to any size small/medium blogger. I follow a TON of bloggers that fall in that range, and I love checking out their pieces. I know that I usually can’t fit into a lot of their pieces, though. And I wouldn’t expect them to fit in many of the pieces I share on this blog either.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
I noticed that this particular dress came in an XXL, so I decided to jump the gun and purchase it.
I wanted to start this series called Curvy Girl Diaries where I try on cute things I happen to find that everyone is talking about, to see how they look on my body.
I’m not sure how many “curvy girl diaries,” I will have, but I am excited to go on this journey.
The Leith Dress
If you have been on the internet in the last year or two, you have seen countless people rocking Leith dresses from Nordstrom. They come in a ton of different styles. The one I am styling today is the “Leith Ruched Long Sleeve Dress.”
This dress has gotten a ton of attention because of it’s snug but forgiving fit. The ruched fit makes it easy to hide a food baby or an actual baby growing in your stomach. I wanted to see if it could hide a food adult, you know, for science.
So, I bought the Leith Ruched Long Sleeve Dress in Grey Cloudy Heather.
Boots Featured: Linnea Flat Boot In Burgundy From JustFab
A Little About My Sizing
I am pretty wonky, to be honest. I carry all my weight in the bottom half of my body, like most women, so it can be hard to shop. Depending on the brand and what I am looking for, I can wear either a 14, 16, 18, or 20. When I am shopping for tops, I usually fall in the 14-16 category, when I am shopping for bottoms or snug dresses I fall into the 18-20 category. I know, that’s quite a few different sizes.
In this dress, an XXL fits an 18 or 16W so I thought that it would fit pretty good.
My Thoughts On The Leith Ruched Long Sleeve Dress As A Curvy Girl
Okay, I have to admit, I am pretty impressed with the fit of this dress. It could be much better, don’t get me wrong. I like it overall, though.
I tried this on as soon as it finally arrived at my house and I was so excited to see what this would look like on my body. It doesn’t have the same look as it has on my smaller sisters, but it’s still a great dress on a curvy girl like me.
So, here are some pros and cons of this dress:
- I didn’t have to tug at this dress much. One thing I hate is when I wear a dress that I am constantly pulling and tugging at. I feel like this is an appropriate overall length for me. I didn’t feel the need to tug or adjust this dress much more than I would with my regular clothes.
- This dress is made of super comfy material! The Leith dress is a blend of cotton and polyester that works in its favor. I can imagine wearing this dress for hours and never becoming uncomfortable.
- The dress has a lot of stretch. I would say that someone who wears a 3XL could wear the dress I have on, but it does comfortably stretch to your body if you are the right size for it.
- Could do a better job hiding my food adult. Sometimes it was nice and smooth, but with wear, it would bunch up weirdly around my stomach. I guess I could blame it on the ruching when I am out in public, but the ruching effect isn’t the same on curvy bodies as it is on thin ones.
- Bunches up weirdly around my boobs sometimes. As I was editing these images, I did notice some weird boob bunching sometimes. My twins definitely could have been more supported in this dress. I don’t know if it’s just me, but if you are a part of the large and in charge committee, this dress may not work well for you.
It’s so exciting to see a dress that I saw on so many bloggers I follow on me. I am glad that I was able to try this on and give y’all a little bit more context on how it might look on someone who is thick with two Cs. I think seeing clothes on a variety of bodies is so crucial, especially when those brands sell larger sizes.
What would you like to see on Curvy Girl Diaries next?
P.S.: Here are some bloopers for your viewing pleasure!